Alan Aragon: The Science of Weight-Loss
Today, on the Scheer Madness Podcast, Rachel is joined by Alan Aragon, Functional Health & Wellness Advocate and Owner of ‘Stormi Fitness App’. Alan talks about his research-driven recommendations for obtaining an Optimal Body Composition. Alan provides insights relative to Muscle Mass, Why Women Need a Higher % of Body Fat, and provides his takes on “Fasting & Weight Loss” and the Importance of Longevity in Maintaining a Healthy Body.
For more information about working with our team at Rachel Scheer Nutrition, book a free 30-minute call at www.rachelscheer.com/application and learn more about functional wellness coaching at https://rachelscheer.com/functional-wellness-coaching/
- 0:00 Introduction
- 3:58 Alan’s Opinion on an Optimal Body Composition
- 5:33 Alan’s Recommendations on Muscle Mass and Overall Fat
- 6:48 Why Women Need a Higher % of Body Fat
- 9:40 Alan’s Take on an Optimal Diet for Optimal Body Composition
- 14:07 How Much of a Calorie Deficit Should People Be in for Optimal Fat Loss
- 19:08 Losing Muscle while Losing Fat the Greater the Rate of Fat Loss?
- 24:11 Why a 10% Body Fat Composition is Not Optimal
- 27:20 Would Macros Look Differently for Muscle Gain?
- 32:34 Alan’s Thoughts on Fasting
- 43:54 Fasting For Weight Loss
- 53:06 Alan’s Insights on Longevity
- 58:41 Hormone Shifts vs Lifestyle Changes – Which Plays a Bigger Role?
- 1:54:55 How to Connect with Alan & Outro
Connect with Alan Aragon:
Social Media: https://www.instagram.com/thealanaragon/
Get 50% off the entire OBRx Bundle with 10 speaker interviews with the code “50OFF” (https://optimalbodyrx.com/bundle/)
Connect with Rachel:
Website | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
20% off on all Paleo Valley Products
Rachel Scheer is a Certified Nutritionist who received her degree from Baylor University in Nutrition Science and Dietetics. Rachel has her own private nutrition and counseling practice located in McKinney, Texas. Rachel has helped clients with a wide range of nutritional needs enhance their athletic performance, improve their physical and mental health, and make positive lifelong eating and exercise behavior changes.
Read This Next
Today, on the Scheer Madness Podcast, Rachel is joined by Kelsey Lensman. Kelsey Lensman is…
Today, on the Scheer Madness Podcast, Rachel is joined by Latt Mansor. Dr. Latt Mansor…
Today, on the Scheer Madness Podcast, Rachel is joined by Ben Azadi. Ben is the…
Leave a Comment