In this episode Christine Forsythe, a Registered and Licensed Dietitian at Rachel Scheer Nutrition shares how she used the power of nutrition to overcome PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome,) a hormonal condition that causes insulin resistance accompanied by inflammation and symptoms of weight gain, cystic acne, hair loss, and depression.
Throughout this episode we dive into:
- What is PCOS and the 4 different types
- How diet and lifestyle play a role hormones like estrogen, insulin, and cortisol
- How we can take a functional (root cause) approach to weight-loss resistance, acne, and menstrual cycle irregularities.
- How fats play a role in hormone and blood sugar support
- Essential supplementation everyone should be on
Rachel Scheer is a Certified Nutritionist who received her degree from Baylor University in Nutrition Science and Dietetics. Rachel has her own private nutrition and counseling practice located in McKinney, Texas. Rachel has helped clients with a wide range of nutritional needs enhance their athletic performance, improve their physical and mental health, and make positive lifelong eating and exercise behavior changes.