Which do you think is more important to work on first when creating change? Thoughts or environment?
When we are unhappy in life, we seek to create change. So we go about changing our environment believing that doing so will create the necessary change we hope to see.
This happens, because we falsely assume that change begins from the outside.
But we fall back to where we started: unhappy with where we are. Why is that??
In truth, the environment does play a role in changing your circumstances, but it doesn’t address the root of the cause (your thinking) that is the driver behind why you feel the way you do and why you keep getting the same results.
Here is what is important to realize:
If you want to change the outside, you mist first change the inside. You must change the attention of your thoughts because what you think directly influences how you feel and how your body reacts, and how your body reactions directly influences how you behave, and how you behave comes to define who you are and what you experience in life. 🤯
Here are some of the top thoughts I hear, and some reframes you can use:
- “I feel so restricted cutting out these foods” —> “I am choosing to fuel my body with foods that are wholesome and good for my mind and body.”
- “I binged yesterday so now I need to restrict today.” —> “I ate more than I normally would, so I am going to be intentional to get back on track today with how I normally would.”
- “I messed up my diet today, so I will re-start again tomorrow.” —> “I had a moment that I wasn’t being intentional with my food choices, so I choose to be intentional with my choices for the rest of the day.”
- “This is too hard, I can’t do it” —> “I love challenging myself to grow into a version of myself that is different than the current version of myself.”
- “I am cutting out a lot of foods that I have been used to eating.” –> “I am adding in foods that my body needs to operate at a peak physical and mental state.”
- “Nothing ever works for me.” —> “I haven’t found what works for me yet.”
- “I keep falling off track.” —> “I am learning lessons that will help me do better in the future.”
- “I don’t have the energy or motivation.” —> “I am being intentional with the books I read, podcasts I listen to, and choosing to do the work when I don’t feel like it because I know energy and motivation is createdanm not given.”
The words you speak and the thoughts you think matter. They have the power to keep you stick or push you forward.
Email me at “firstname.lastname@example.org” to learn about my 1-1 coaching and let’s work together to build the life you want to create!